[Asterisk-bsd] zaptel drivers kill server when connecting phoneline

Justin England justin at rapidcity.net
Thu Jan 12 17:01:55 CST 2006

I have a FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE (last built in Dec 2005) with the current zaptel drivers (zaptel-0.11) installed from the ports tree.  I am using a generic X100P clone card and so far, all my tests have been successful.

I have found a  problem that if the drivers are loaded without a phoneline connected to the card, and then I connect a phone line, it completely locks up the machine where there is no response from anything (console, net connections, etc) and the only remedy is to shutdown and re-power the computer (no reset button on my test server).

Now, my test server is a simple HP pavilion 511w Celeron 1.2 Ghz with 512MB ram.

I can recreate this at any time by just disconnecting and reconnecting the phone line from the X100P card.

I have another X100P clone card coming in next week, which is suppose to be an exact duplicate of a genuine Digium and should be seen as such by the driver.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin England
justin at rapidcity.net