[Asterisk-bsd] AMP on FreeBSD

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Wed Jan 11 16:42:14 CST 2006

On 11/01/2006, at 4:09 PM, Lists wrote:

> We now have a working AMP on FreeBSD for Asterisk, ported to
> FreeBSD and
> running on a test server. seeing as so much work was involved if we
> dont
> get further support from the guys who write and maintain AMP well i
> guess you could consider this a fork. Though I would prefer that
> the be
> receptive to patches to address their non-portability issue. This
> needs
> testers also.. Any takers let me know and ill toss a snapshot of the
> work up on our site.

Ideally, you could turn your patches into a FreeBSD port and make it
easy for others to help you maintain and test. I just recently
evaluated PhoneCall as an alternative GUI; I found a good product
which needs at least a few more months work before it is ready to
use. It wasn't hard to get working on FreeBSD and I lodged bug
reports with the developer with everywhere he had hardcoded Linux paths.

In the end, the config files aren't too bad. Pity the sample ones are
so enormous - you don't need a tenth of what is there and they only
serve to make the process look daunting.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8