[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Charlie Livingston charlie at sysninjas.com
Mon Jan 9 09:50:36 CST 2006

As an addendum to the mention of portsnap;

The page linked below says to install portsnap from sysutils/portsnap in your ports tree; this is no longer the case.

As of 6.0-RELEASE portsnap was committed to FreeBSD's source tree and is now installed by default in /usr/sbin/portsnap, the port is now superfluous.  All you need to do now is run `portsnap fetch` and then `portsnap update` and you're golden.  One caveat with portsnap that i've seen though, is that it wipes any 3rd party changes out when it updates the ports tree.  If you have any custom ports set up in your tree, remember to copy them to a safe place before you run `portsnap update`.