[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 05:31:24 CST 2006

On 1/9/06, Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 16:07 -0500, Kim Culhan wrote:

> > This will update the ports tree at /usr/ports
> >
> > If that location is ok with you, update with:
> >
> > cvsup ports
>
> done.

Excellent, now this note note regarding the use of cvsup to update the
ports tree.

I've heard of this but never used it, sounds like now is the time
to check it out:

On Sun, January 8, 2006 9:38 pm, Todd Troutman said:

> So I haven't followed all of this thread fellars but I'll throw in
> that portsnap makes FreeBSD 6 ports, which was already a great thing, one
> step even easier to use.
>
> http://www.daemonology.net/portsnap/

Since you have an up to date ports tree, you can look at the latest
asterisk port
at net/asterisk; its version 1.0.9

Since asterisk depends on many other ports, the easiest way to build all of them
is to go through the motions of building the port and then do a 'make deinstall'

This approach has worked fine for me in the past, hopefully it will for you.

Why don't you give this a try and see how it goes.

-kim

w8hdkim at gmail.com