[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6? Portsnap

Todd Troutman todd at techlow.com
Sun Jan 8 20:38:44 CST 2006

So I haven't followed all of this thread fellars but I'll throw in
that portsnap makes FreeBSD 6 ports, which was
already a great thing, one step even easier to use.

http://www.daemonology.net/portsnap/

"Portsnap is a system for securely downloading and updating a
compressed snapshot of the FreeBSD ports tree, and using this
compressed snapshot to extract or update a (uncompressed) copy of the
ports tree.
Historically, most people have used CVSup to keep their ports tree up
to date, but CVSup has a number of limitations:"