[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 14:18:57 CST 2006

On 1/8/06, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> >> last successfully built about 1 oct.  current builds fail in zaptel
> >> as posted earlier
> > As Luigi pointed out, zaptel doesn't work on FBSD -current
>
> and same with cvs tree

Randy-

Will you please stop confusing the issue by bringing up
the matter of operability on FBSD -current ?

I understand the most important thing for you at the moment
is getting it all to run on -current.

As you must know by now, there may likely be times when
-current won't even run itself, let alone a complicated system of
Asterisk + zaptel drivers.

Running FBSD -current can be interesting and fun, I've been running it
since the early 90's.

I don't think it would be good idea to run an important
Asterisk phone system on it though.

> >> but this is 7-current.  it may work on 6.  no harm in trying.
> > It will work on 6 :)
>
> so why put the poor op through the whole roll-your-own cvs thing
> when s/he can just build from ports?

Because I made the statement that Asterisk from CVS
is very reliable when running on FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE

I don't have any experience with what you get when you
'..just build from ports' do you ?

-kim