[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Sun Jan 8 09:49:32 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 08:49 -0500, Kim Culhan wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have here FreeBSD version 5.4 running with Asterisk from the ports.
> > As hardware I have a ITK IX1-Basic V3.1 PCI running, which is working
> > perfect with asterisk and the capi for BSD in FreeBSD 5.4.
> >
> > I would like to update my FreeBSD to version 6.0.
> >
> > Has anyone an idea if this is a good idea?
> > Is the active ISDN card running with freebsd 6 and is asterisk compiling
> > fine from the ports with freebsd 6?
>
> I have asterisk running here on FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE and it is very stable.
>
> This system is using a Digium TDM-400 card with 1 FXO and 2 FXS.
>
> Until ~2-3 months ago asterisk and the drivers for the card were not good
> for FreeBSD 6 and the reliability was not nearly as good.
>
> The asterisk people and the maintainers of the FreeBSD zaptel drivers
> have done a very good job supporting FreeBSD 6, we should thank them
> very muchly.
>
> You might want to try it first with your ISDN card as the driver is specific
> to that card and your mileage may vary :)
>
> regards
> -kim
>
> --
> w8hdkim at gmail.com

Hi Kim. if you've been so successful with Asterisk on FreeBSD 6.0
perhaps you would be so kind to share your config files, installation
hints, whatever for us less fortunate folks that have been struggling to
get it up-and-running? Either that or point us to someplace where we can
find a step-by-step guide specific to FreeBSD? Thanks alot in advance.

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl>