[Asterisk-bsd] Problems using Zaptel-0.11 with a TE110P

Massimiliano Stucchi stucchi at willystudios.com
Thu Feb 16 03:56:20 MST 2006

Hi all,

I have a machine running FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p11 with a TE110P, Asterisk
1.2.4, libpri 1.2.1, zaptel 0.11 all installed from ports.

This machine had been running fine for almost 6 months with older
versions of those packages (asterisk 1.0.9, libpri 1.0.9, zaptel 0.10),
but since I upgraded, I've been having spontaneous reboots happening
only under load (no nightly reboots) every hour or so, depending on the
amount of calls.

A few days ago I ran to the datacenter to change hardware, and I changed
everything except for the Wildcard itself.  What I left out in my rush
is that the digium was sharing IRQ with the onboard USB controller and
with the FireWire controller.  No reboots happened in these days, but I
could see a lot of IRQ misses showing up in zttool, and the accuracy
measured by zttest was around 99,96 on average.

I had somebody show up and change the IRQ settings this morning, and so
far I've had two reboots in less than 3 hours.  I see no IRQ misses,
though, and fax reception works smoothly (some lines lost here and
there, but it's pretty much acceptable).

To summarize:

Sharing IRQ:

	- No reboots
	- No faxes
	- Lots of IRQ misses
	- Low audio quality on calls

_NOT_ sharing IRQ:

	- Good audio quality
	- Faxes get through (using spandsp)
	- No IRQ misses
	- SPONTANEOUS REBOOTS

I can also say this happens on both 5.4 and 6.0 RELEASES, having
experienced the same behaviour.

The lines that show up when loading the appropriate kernel module to
identify the card differs in one line from the two cases:

"Can not use fast interrupts, switching to generic"

Does anybody have any hint, idea, suggestion ?  I'm ready to test
patches, if needed.

Ciao !
--

Massimiliano Stucchi