[Asterisk-bsd] incoming audio dropping / cutting out.

David G Lawrence dg228 at dglawrence.com
Mon Dec 25 17:28:39 MST 2006

> list,
>
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem I'm having with incoming audio
> dropping. Here is the picture:
>

> Polycom 301 --(SIP)-- Asterisk 1.4[trunk] --(IAX)-- CO(Asterisk version
> unknown)
>
> When the problem happens, the user at the other end has no problem
> hearing me, but I cannot here them.  They cut in and out every 30s to
> 2mins.
>
> What can I do trace this problem?  Debug and verbose = 5, but nothing
> shows up in the logs.

   Do you have the option of using SIP with your PSTN provider? I've had
the same problems you're having when using IAX with some service providers.

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.