[Asterisk-bsd] Queue Issue and Call Quality

Ninneman, Tj tj at twopeasinabucket.com
Thu Aug 31 08:51:59 MST 2006

Sorry, I'm going to throw two issues out on this post..

Currently, I have a FreeBSD box with the latest Asterisk from ports and 7
analog lines coming in on two TDM400s.  I'm currently running SVN version 39
of the zaptel driver.

Issue one is that the queues will all of a sudden fill up and come to a
halt.  All the lines will be tied up and a 'show queues' will output
nothing.  This doesn't happen all of the time but rather once and a while.
For the life of me, I can't figure out what triggers it except a) all the
lines are in use b) somebody just happens to be logged into the * CLI.  FYI,
I'm using "AgentCallbackLogin".

Issue two is call quality over the Zap cards.  I have one asterisk
installation with only one zap card and the thing works beautifully.  Call
volume (as in sound) is high and crystal clear.  My second installation has
the two cards and volume is quiet at times and fine other times.  Sometimes
static can be heard when you are speaking also.  I've screwed around with
every tunable possible in zaptel.conf but what bothers me is the
inconsistent call quality.  Could be the fact that we have two of these
digium cards in the box or possibly crappy phone lines?

Any help with this would be really appreciated!

Tj

Queues.conf:

[general]
persistentmembers=yes