[Asterisk-bsd] howto install asterisk on freebsd release 4.11

Dr. Rich Murphey Rich at WhiteOakLabs.com
Thu Aug 24 19:11:49 MST 2006

I agree completely.  6.1 is a big win in a lot of ways.

There are special cases where 4.11 performs far better on
uniprocessors, and no doubt it will live on as a vintage release for
quite some time because it's still going to be popular with ISPs and
ASPs.  Same thing happened with the 2.6 branch.  Yahoo kept running it
till buying compatible hardware became difficult.

So even though I personally find 6.1 better in general, we should keep
in mind that there will still be people for whom asterisk support on 4.11
will be quite valuable, for things like higher hosting density or embedded
appliance performance, for example.

Cheers,
Rich