[Asterisk-bsd] howto install asterisk on freebsd release 4.11

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Aug 23 22:29:24 MST 2006

On 08/24/06 07:03 Jeremy Bogan said the following:
> HI Mansour,
>
>> Is there anybody who installed asterisk on freebsd
>> 4.11 release ?
>> I was not succesful. please guide me.
>

> I built Asterisk for FreeBSD 4.11 from source. Download a copy of the
> source from http://asteriskpbx.org/ then extract the tar archive and  run:
>
> gmake clean
> gmake install
>
> That should be all you need to do.

be wary though that when you're using zaptel-bsd, libpri and asterisk,
there'll be a number of thread-related issues you'd run into due to the
threading model used on 4.x. moving to 6.x solves this cleanly. in
addition, the zaptel-bsd drivers are tested on 6.x and not necessarily on 4.x

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/