[Asterisk-bsd] Hardware and version questions...

Miles Peterson milesp+ast at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 17:02:17 MST 2006

Well, I managed to get a spare Cisco phone for next to nothing, so I'm
looking to set it up at home to mess around with.  I don't have a PRI or
anything like that, so I'm planning on setting Asterisk up with an FXO card
of some sort.

Based on parts I have kicking around already, and what I can get easily, I
was looking at this setup:
- Celeron 600 w/ 256mb RAM
- FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
- Digium TDM 400P with 1 FXO module
- Asterisk 1.2.10
- Latest zaptel-bsd from svn

I've heard issues with line noise and clicking and other assorted things
like that.  I see that support for the TDM400P cards is beta as well.

This might be one of those 'your mileage may vary' scenarios, but I'd like
to hear what people have to say about this kind of a setup...

Thanks!