[Asterisk-bsd] mpg123 and asterisk port

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Thu Apr 27 01:59:31 MST 2006

Hi all,

For some time now mpg123 is a build dependency for the asterisk port.
Although I'm using native mod moh on all of my installations, from time
to time I try to see if mpg123's problems with taking up idle CPU time
have gone away.

The problem is still there, making mpg123 threads eat up the CPU cycles
right after out-of-the-box port install. Forcefully pkg_delete-ing
mpg123 port and restarting the asterisk makes the problem go away.

Do we really still want mpg123 as a dependency now that we have native
mp3 and other native formats available for music on hold?

regards,
Vahan