[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on FreeBSD + Passive ISDN BRI

Arne Steinkamm arne at Steinkamm.COM
Mon Apr 24 17:20:29 MST 2006

Hi,

the current asterisk port is "bristuffed". We, Ethon Technologies, sponsor this
the last year now.
This means that the bristuff patches aganst asterisk, libpri and zaptel
are included.

The cheapest cards working with asterisk are the HFC-S based cards (less than
20 EUR / Dollar) but be advised, that this cards are real IRQ bombers.

We use the Quad- and OctoBRI cards made by kpj (www.junghanns.net) without
any problems with FreeBSD's asterisk port.
Ok, there are no problems because we spend money to get all the problems
out :-)

.//. Arne

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 06:04:20PM +0100, Cian Hughes wrote:
> Ok, from what I can see _NO_ passive ISDN cards will work with
> Asterisk on freebsd, is this correct & is it likely to change soon?
>
> Secondly, if this is likely to be the way for a while, what is the
> lease expensive card that will work with FreeBSD?
>
> Also, can I use DID (Direct Inward Dialling) on FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks for all your help to date.
> Regards,
>                        Cian Hughes

Arne Steinkamm         | Home:     Mail: arne<at>steinkamm<dot>com  IRC: Arne
Tel.: +49.89.299756    |    URL: http://WWW.Steinkamm.COM/  NIC-Handle: AS306
Laendstrasse 4         | Work: Ethon Technologies  Mail: arne<at>ethon<dot>de
80538 Muenchen GERMANY |    Tel: +49.7347.9200410   URL: http://WWW.Ethon.DE/