[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel Driver problem on FreeBSD 5.4

Mark Ackroyd mark.ackroyd at obraxsis.com
Wed Sep 28 04:19:18 CDT 2005

 Gurus,

 I have installed the Quad Span E1 card in a new FreeBSD 5.4 machine.  Once
 the machine is powered on, the red alarm lights on the back of the machine
 cycle on the back like the front of the knight rider car. :-)

 The kernel Zaptel modules are compiled and loaded. Yet I don`t see the
 card in /dev/ according to all the docs I have read I should see a wct4xx
 type entry . I see the /dev/zap though...

 a ztcfg gives me this

 ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: Device not configured (6)

 I'm guessing that it's not seeing the hardware.

 Anyone got any pointers?

 Mark