[Asterisk-bsd] The future of 4.X support was [zaptel-bsd]

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 02:11:42 CDT 2005

I think the problem is that the code will become unreadable.

End of Life for 4.X is scheduled for January 2007 with only critical fixes
being available from now until then.

Support for 4.X is expected to dwindle sooner in the ports tree. It is not a
requirement for a port to be backwards compatible to be included in the
ports tree.

As zaptel/asterisk has never run that well under 4.X my vote would be to
drop support for it.

Chris.