[Asterisk-bsd] feed back on libpri

Arne Steinkamm arne at Steinkamm.COM
Sat Sep 17 21:25:37 CDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 09:10:30PM -0500, Richard Neese wrote:

> well with no feed back on th libpri and thezaptel bsd drivers I take it that
> zaptel on fbsd has died . not seen any talk on dev latly . in the list.
>
> I hope you all come back soon .

Hi, time to say hello,

we decided to use FreeBSD exclusively for our Asterisk projects and sponsor
development on zaptel drivers. I'm not sure whether our changes are now in
the ports or just on the way to the ports directory.

Porting libpri or doing whatever necessary to get E1/T1 hardware functional
with FreeBSD has a very high priority on our TODO list.

As soon as our testbed is functional (hardware, debugging problems with
our carrier) we will start to get it work.

Our second goal is to get a real big bunch of ISDN additional features
working which are necessary in the EuroISDN part of the world to compete
with commerical PBXes.

Whether this changes will find their way to the linux part of the world or
not is in the mood of our programmers... and we have only FreeBSD addicts.

I would appreciate any feedback from this list.

Thanks in advance

.//. Arne

--
Arne Steinkamm         | Home:     Mail: arne<at>steinkamm<dot>com  IRC: Arne
Tel.: +49.89.299756    |    URL: http://WWW.Steinkamm.COM/  NIC-Handle: AS306