[Asterisk-bsd] /bin/bash and configure (was : AMP on FreeBSD)

Dr. Rich Murphey Rich at WhiteOakLabs.com
Fri Nov 4 17:30:21 CST 2005

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>Anyone manage to get this running?  I've been impressed by comments about
>it on various lists, so decided to give it a shot.  I've been at it for
>three days now, off and on, and am struggling.  Linux folks seem to take
>lots of paths for granted, as well as installed options.  I've never seen
>install scripts written for /bin/bash!  Bad options to sed, a requirement
>to run your web server as "asterisk", etc, etc.  I've been very happy with
>asterisk by itself for over a month now, and it seems I am almost starting
>over to use this silly package.  Is it worth it?
>
>Thanks,

'configure' could locate bash and fix the scripts.

In fact, there are plenty of issues for which 'configure'
might be natural solution; such as, locating the
odbc library,  and building res_odbc only if found.

For the unsuspecting user, these are stumbling blocks
that may prevent them from building asterisk.

So, I wonder, whether putting some effort into the
'configure' scripts wouldn't be useful.

Cheers,
Rich