[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD Zaptel Driver (5.4)

Mark Ackroyd mark.ackroyd at cencion.com
Fri Nov 4 17:04:42 CST 2005

Hiya,

I keep coming back to a problem that I have getting Zaptel to work with a
Digium card. I have had a look through the source, I don't really know what
exactly I am looking for but I was wondering if this is related to my
problem.

If I do a pciconf -l -v on my system I get this for the Wildcard TE410P

none4 at pci2:1:0: class=0x078000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x0410d161 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    class    = simple comms

This tells me there is no irq for this device, (I think)

When I try compile and install the zaptel drivers I load them and just get
this on the dmseg

"Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196"  and no other
information.

So I had a look in the zaptel.c file and found the lines below near the end.

#ifdef __FreeBSD__
                zt_devclass = devclass_find("zaptel");
#endif
                zt_conv_init();
                tone_zone_init();
                fasthdlc_precalc();
                rotate_sums();

Is this why it's not seeing the card?  It's looking for "zaptel" and not
"simple comms" can I replace the devclass_find with "simple comms" or the
address???  I tried "simple comms" and it didn`t work.

I have been poking around this for ages. I am probably on the completely the
wrong lines here :-)

Mark