[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on FreeBSD + ISDN BRI

Cian Hughes cianlists at cian.ws
Mon May 23 14:42:09 CDT 2005

Hello all, I am new to this list and to asterisk but am a long time
BSD user (though rather lacking in Linux knowledge) and would like to
install Asterisk on a spare box to act as a PBX at home, basically
I'm going to route most of my calls over IP, but for incoming,
emergency, toll free, faxes, etc I want to use ISDN (EuroISDN I'm in
Ireland).
I have one sticking point, I don't really want four BRIs so the
quadBRI seems like overkill. However I'm still undecided on what card
to buy, since this is nothing mission critical I would initially like
to start with a cheap passive card, and if all doesn't go well i'll
buy something better. Anyway could I please have everyone and
anyone's experience of ISDN on FreeBSD, what cards are supported,
what cards work well?

Also has any one managed Direct Inward Dialling rules with ISDN and
Asterisk on freebsd (I have 4 MSN's that I would like to use)?

Yours Gratefully, Cian.