[Asterisk-bsd] Cant install asterisk from ports.

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu May 19 02:42:56 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 12:36:29AM -0700, Chris St Denis wrote:
> I suggest using the ports from the official FreeBSD CVS. Do a cvsup to the

this seems to be what he did.
I suspect you'll be better off building asterisk without h323, i.e.

	make -DWITHOUT_H323

> latest ports collection. do a make clean. then try a make again.
>
> Also note if you want zaptel you need the FreeBSD source. If you don't want
> it, use the WITHOUT_ZAPTEL=yes option. And note asterisk seems to be much
> better on asterisk 5.3 or later.

i don't know why you say that -- it's exactly the same asterisk code
for both cases. As a matter of fact i am using 1.0.7 on FreeBSD 4.11

True that the newer (0.9) zaptel drivers do not compile on 4.x, but the
older ones (0.8) with a minor patch do work.

cheers
luigi