[Asterisk-bsd] Is there a way to add a delay for the FXO?

Marios Andreou marios at comand.net
Fri May 13 20:34:43 CDT 2005

Hello list,

Is there a way to add a delay when dialing through the TDM fxo?
I place a call and I receive the announcement:
"To place a call outside your local area dial 1 and ...."

Now if I hang-up and immediately do a redial the call goes through.
This is consistent.

So I'm looking a way in config file or somewhere else to make it wait for XXXXms
before the driver sends the tones out.

The PSTN service is w/Verizon.

It seems that the TDM is sending the digits before there is a dialtone on the line.

System:
FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE i386

zaptel & asterisk from ports
zaptel-0.9_1
asterisk-1.0.7

TDM411B REV E/F

In asterisk I have:
[globals]
TRUNK=Zap/4

[fromfxs1]
exten => 911,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})
exten => 911,2,Congestion

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/1${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion

In zaptel.conf
fxoks=1
fxsks=4