[Asterisk-bsd] Polarity reversed (0 -> 1) warning: non FreeBSD-specific information inside

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 05:52:25 CDT 2005

--- "Graham S. Jarvis" <gsjarvis at adsoft.lu> wrote:

> Polarity reversed (0 -> 1)

This is supposed to indicate a reversal of the telephone
line voltage polarity.

This happens when connecting a phone line to a port
which has had nothing connected previously, so it appears
this may not be a reliable indication of a polarity reversal.

> I can dial out but incoming calls are not answered.

If incoming calls are not answered you may want to double check
your configuration, 3 items:

In zaptel.conf

fxoks=1
fxsks=4
defaultzone=us
loadzone=us

This example has 1 fxs port for a phone in
module position 1

1 fxo port for the telco line in module postion 4

Port 4 is nearest the motherboard.

You must have this correct or you couldn't dial out..

Then in zapata.conf

You would have at the end something like:

context=outside_line

signalling=fxs_ks

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
callwaiting=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
channel=4

Finally in extensions.conf

[outside_line]

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial,Zap/1
exten => i,3,hangup

This rings the phone on module 1 as in your zaptel.conf above

Yes I know this info isn't FreeBSD specific, I remember how
hard it was to find a simple example like this when I was new
to Asterisk

So I'm helping a fellow FreeBSD'er

-kim

w8hdkim at yahoo.com