[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel X100P card dropping calls

Kirk Davis Kirk.Davis at epsb.ca
Mon May 9 11:05:16 CDT 2005

OK.  I solved this problem and thought I would post a follow-up for the
archives.

It did turn out to be a hardware problem.  The card worked fine under Linux
but not under FreeBSD so I assumed (incorrectly) that is was something in
the driver or software.  I removed the card over the weekend and did some
testing on the electronics. It turned out that the resistor that provides
impedance loading on the line was bad.  I'm not sure why it still worked
under Linux but FreeBSD refused to work with the crappy hardware (as it
should).

I'm glad to find out that my favorite FreeBSD wasn't letting me down (it
never has yet ;-) ) and I'm back up and running.  Thanks to all who tried to
help.  I did learn a lot about how asterisk works with the zaptel card.

---- Kirk