[Asterisk-bsd] assorted chan_oss.c fixes

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 14:07:33 CDT 2005

--- Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> first of all apologies for the cross-post, i know it is bad
> practice but
> sometimes it is necessry because something is relevant in multiple
> forums. I believe this is such a case.
>
> I have posted a rather large set of changes to chan_oss.c
> which were primarily ment to fix OSS behaviour in the FreeBSD
> port of 1.07, but probably do help for Linux and HEAD as well.
> See all the discussion and the patches at
>
> 	http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0004108
>
> i'd be grateful if someone could try these changes on other
> platforms (FreeBSD 4.11/ asterisk 1.07) than the one I am using,
> and provide feedback.

The patched chan_oss.c was installed on a machine running
FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE from 4-28-05 and Asterisk
CVS Head from 4-22-05.

Please let me know how I can help, the module works for a
call to dsp on the console.

On a first time connect from a cold system boot, it returns this
error to the cli started with: asterisk -rvvvvvvvc

May  3 14:57:41 WARNING[449]: chan_oss.c:299 sound_thread:
Read error on sound device: Resource temporarily unavailable

Several more connections were made with no errors returned.

If you could please let me know of any changes which need
to be made to oss.conf. I have only the contents of
oss-sample.conf so maybe the read error is due to not having the
/dev/device included.

regards
-kim

w8hdkim at yahoo.com