[Asterisk-bsd] assorted chan_oss.c fixes

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 07:20:48 CDT 2005

On Mon, May 2, 2005 7:25 pm, Luigi Rizzo said:

> I have posted a rather large set of changes to chan_oss.c
> which were primarily ment to fix OSS behaviour in the
> FreeBSD port of 1.07, but probably do help for Linux and
> HEAD as well. See all the discussion and the patches at
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0004108
>
> i'd be grateful if someone could try these changes on other
> platforms
> (FreeBSD 4.11/ asterisk 1.07) than the one I am using, and
> provide feedback.

I would test the patches on FreeBSD 5.4-stable/asterisk CVS Head

On Mon, May 2 Luigi wrote on Mantis and made the generous offer :

> Porting to HEAD should not be hard (mostly incorporating changes
> to the struct that stores the channel's callbacks).
> I am willing to do it myself if there is interest.

Yes Luigi, I'm sure there is tremendous interest.

Please port it to HEAD, this would be very greatly appreciated.

The present if chan_oss.c from head is working here. Using it for
paging by configuring as console with autoanswer.

FWIW the same bits running on different hardware does not work
producing a storm of error messages to the console:

TDM PCI Master abort

Maybe this is due to some interrupt timing problems on that
hardware appearing with the additional interrupts from the sound
card? None of the interrupts on this system are shared.

A great feature would be to have the input side of the audio card
provide live music on hold.

Would this require having the asterisk console feed
music on hold or could the input side of a full-duplex card
be routed seperately?

-kim