[Asterisk-bsd] Does * CVS HEAD run on FBSD -was 5.4 Kernel Panic

Staffan Ulfberg staffanu+freebsd at multivac.fatburen.org
Thu Mar 31 19:02:37 CST 2005

Kim Culhan <w8hdkim at yahoo.com> writes:

> >From the recent discussion here on the list, it seems there are
> some who are successful running * from the latest CVS-HEAD -is this
> really true?
>
> That is, does * CVS-HEAD really compile and run 'out-of-the-box' ?

Yes it does (or rather, it did before the endian.h issue creeped up).
In my experience, it runs better than the 1.0.x.  I had some problems
with running agi scripts in 1.0.3 (calls were hung up seemingly for no
reason), upgraded to 1.0.5, still had the same problems, and upgraded
to CVS HEAD to see if there was a difference.

There wasn't (expept that I now have all the bells and whistles of CVS
HEAD).  However, my exerience since then has been that if you submit a
bug report, with a suggested solution, to the Asterisk bugs site (even
if it is purely a FreeBSD compatibility bug), a patch has been
committed within a few hours.  So, for the moment, I'm running CVS
HEAD as per 26 March with no FreeBSD specific bugs that I know of.  (I
mostly use SIP and Zap channels, AGI scripting, meetme, and
voicemail.)

Staffan