[Asterisk-bsd] Does * CVS HEAD run on FBSD -was 5.4 Kernel Panic

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 09:27:28 CST 2005

On Thu, March 31, 2005 9:22 am, Richard Neese said:
> it seems we have a issue with freebsd 1.0.6 in ports. it crashes
> fbsd 5.4 this is a major issue... due to the kernel panic it has
> been hard to track the issue..

What I've found is there are several scenerios where * will
hang the machine but most have been due to [mis]configuration.

The system here does not suffer from kernel panics.

Are you running 5.4-RELEASE or have you updated your system
to -STABLE recently?

There are a few problems I'm aware of which have been fixed
recently by those who frequent this list.

It would be very helpful if these fixes could be collected
in one place to allow the asterisk-bsd people to run source
close to the same thing.

>From the recent discussion here on the list, it seems there are
some who are successful running * from the latest CVS-HEAD -is this
really true?

That is, does * CVS-HEAD really compile and run 'out-of-the-box' ?

If so, which version of FBSD is in use?

-kim