[Asterisk-bsd] FXS dialtone interruptions at 1-second intervals

Staffan Ulfberg staffanu+freebsd at multivac.fatburen.org
Wed Mar 30 16:53:13 CST 2005

Staffan Ulfberg <staffanu+freebsd at multivac.fatburen.org> writes:

> Kim Culhan <w8hdkim at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > > - Added the INTR_FAST flag to the bus_setup_intr() call in
> > > wcfxs.c (zaptel).  (Might not be the best/final solution,
> > > but it works for me.)
> >
> > Could you supply a diff after adding the INTR_FAST flag?

One more thing before applying this patch: first make sure that your
digium card has its own interrupt!  The INTR_FAST flag could possibly
interfere with other drivers using the same interrupt!

Use vmstat to look up what irq lines are used by the drivers in your
system:

multivac$ vmstat -i
interrupt                          total       rate
irq0: clk                       17516227         99
irq1: atkbd0                          22          0
irq5: wcfxs0                   175187337       1000
irq6: fdc0                             8          0
irq8: rtc                       22423576        128
irq10: fxp0 uhci2               13011530         74
irq11: atapci1                     57120          0
irq13: npx0                            1          0
irq14: ata0                      6100765         34
irq15: ata1                       440923          2
Total                          234737509       1339
multivac$

The listing above shows that my wcfxs0 device is the only one using
irq5.  If your wcfxs device shares its interrupt with another driver,
move around your pci cards until it does not (maybe some really good
bios/motherboard combinations are able to configure this instead).

Staffan