[Asterisk-bsd] Sipura SPC

Forrest W. Christian fwc at mt.net
Tue Mar 22 21:19:31 CST 2005

I'm going to ask this on the -bsd list first, and hopefully I can kill
two birds with one stone.

We're looking and deploying Sipura ATA's systemwide.  They seem to work
well.

I'm running into a catch-22 with the Sipura people at this point.   In
order to do remote provisioning of the Sipura ATA's you need the SPC
tool which compiles the sipura configuration into a binary format the
ATA's understand.  In order to get this tool, you have to request it
from Sipura.  Sipura wants you to be a service provider to give you the
tool.  In order to "prove" you are a provider you have to show them
purchases of at least 20 Sipura devices.  I haven't purchased 20 devices
since I'm wanting to test the remote provisioning on the 7 ATA's I do
have before I do. In order to do this, I need the SPC tool.  In order to
get the SPC tool.... well you get the idea.

So I've got two questions:

1)  Does someone have a copy of the SPC tool and any related docs, if
needed, that they would be willing to let me use for testing?  I'm
running FreeBSD mostly, can deal with a Linux binary if necessary.

2) Does anyone know if there is a FreeBSD version of SPC available?   If
not, does anyone know if SPC runs ok under Linux emulation?

Thanks

-forrest