[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD libpri support yet?

Mike Sturdee sturdee at pathwaynet.com
Tue Mar 22 08:15:48 CST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Kim Culhan wrote:

> On Tue, March 22, 2005 8:41 am, Mike Sturdee said:
>> I am currently running a production Asterisk box on
>> FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE with the asterisk and libpri ports and zaptel
>> grabbed from svn as specified on
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-FreeBSD+zaptel
>> using a T100P for our PRI.
>
>> The zaptel src required a couple tweaks to work, but other than
>> than that, no more linux just for asterisk
>
> If you would consider describing what tweaks are required it would
> be very greatly appreciated by the Asterisk FreeBSD poeple :)
>
> -kim

I changed wct1xxp/wct1xxp.c:

-int debug = 1;   /* doesnt do anything */
+int debug = 0;   /* doesnt do anything */

(LOTS of debugging info on console when enabled.)

I had to create: ztcfg/zaptel.conf.sample

Install filed without this. You can just 'touch' the file, but my actual
/usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf got overwritten with the blank file when I did
make install again, so I just copied my zaptel.conf as the sample in the
src directory.

Mine just contains:
######################
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

loadzone = us

I did not do "make load" after installing as I don't need all the modules
it builds installed. I just did:

kldload zaptel
kldload wct1xxp

After loading the modules, and after your zaptel.conf is set, do:

ztcfg

-Mike