[Asterisk-bsd] FBSD port: Hard lockup of machine at exit/restart of asterisk

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Mon Mar 21 15:58:47 CST 2005

Charles A.Newcomer wrote:

> Let me post this again.
> I think this will solve all of the hard lockups.
>
> Greetings:
>
> It looks like there is a bug in the zaptel driver from
> zaptel-freebsd-0.8.
>
> It manifest itself when the zt_chan_read call is interrupted. (To
> reproduce
> run zttest and hit ^C).  I first noticed it when doing a STOP NOW.
>
> Changing the schluffen routine as follows fixes the problem:
>
>> static int schluffen(void *q)
>> {
>>    int rc;
>>
>>         switch (rc=tsleep(q, PZERO | PCATCH, "schluffen", 0)) {
>>            case    EINTR:
>>            case ERESTART: return(rc);
>>         }
>>         return(0);
>> }

Charles,

Thanks - that fixed the hard lock.   There is still the issue of mpg123
not terminating and holding asterisk on exit but that is minor.  So in
summary:

    The above patch from Charles fixes the lockup in the zaptel drivers
    Jeff Rizzo's "#undef AUDIO_RINGCHECK" in the wcfxs driver lets
    zaptel actually answer POTS lines
    Change the path to the music files in musiconhold.conf fixes the
    linux path issue.

Yeah! - I actually have a working Asterisk PBX system :-)

Thanks for all the help.

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex