[Asterisk-bsd] FBSD port: Hard lockup -Followup

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 12:25:21 CST 2005

On Sun, March 20, 2005 9:20 am, I said:

> One datapoint:
>

> To make the sound work on this motherboard (Asus N7N8X) the
> following was added to /etc/sysctl.conf:
>
> hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
> hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

The concept of 'sound work' in the above case meant you could say:

mpg123 -f /dev/audio0.0 asteriskblues.mp3

The mp3 file is played and output fron the on-board sound system.

At ~1600 UTC today the machine was cvsup'd to latest -stable, uname
-a
returns: 5.4-PRERELEASE

Removed the 2 statements from sysctl.conf and now
sound still appears to work fine.

-kim