[Asterisk-bsd] FBSD port: Hard lockup of machine at exit/restart of asterisk

Tom Samplonius tom.samplonius at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 20:54:04 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:10:23 -0800 (PST), Kim Culhan <w8hdkim at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thu Mar 17 17:19:15 CST 2005 Mark Radabaugh wrote:
>
> > And in the list of things not to do:   The FreeBSD port somewhere
> > misses rewriting /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
> > to /usr/local/share/asterisk/mohmp3.
> > Attempting to fix it using the truly lazy method of simply creating
>
> > the /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3 directory and copying the files over
> > results in a hard lockup of the box when trying to exit/restart
> > asterisk.
>
> Does anyone have a modification to the port which fixes this?

  I don't you need to.  Just update the musiconhold.conf file to point
to the correct directory.

  As far as the "hard lock" goes, the original problem description
doesn't give much details.  It is well known that mpg123 does like to
exit by itself, and usually needs a "kill -9", and asterisk will sit
around waiting for mpg123 to exit.  If running asterisk with "-cvvvv",
you simply CTRL-C asterisk to force it to quit without waiting for
mpg123.  But definitely not anything I would call a "hard lock".

> -kim

Tom