[Asterisk-bsd] T100P / PRI test

Jerry Hicks gehicks at alltel.net
Fri Mar 4 21:37:41 CST 2005

[snips]

> While the PRI is not plugged in, I get a constant flow of:
>
> T1: Lost our place, resyncing (offset==28, 19)
> T1: Lost our place, resyncing (offset==28, 11)

> messages on the console. I am not sure if they still occur with the PRI
> plugged in as I have only a small window in which I can take the PRI
> out
> of production for testing.
>
> I am looking for thoughts on whether this driver may be production
> ready
> and if any further testing is needed I am willing to help.

It sounds as though in the disconnected case the box might be getting
hammered with interrupts from the line interface "fluttering" with
events.   This can often happen because of a very low-level "bleedover"
from a disconnected free-running transmit side.

<got clocking>
<oops, lost it>
<got clocking>
<oops, lost it>
            .
            .
            .

A lot of framers have a built-in AGC circuit that kicks in under low
signal levels and can make this happen.   I don't know much about the
board you're using...

  It might be possible for the driver to degrade to a polled mode of
operation under adverse conditions.   I've done something like that
before for a PMC framer.   It might also not be a bad idea to filter
these a bit if possible to keep a line cut from disrupting other server
operations.

Good Luck,

Jerry Hicks
gehicks at alltel.net