[Asterisk-bsd] 3Com / Cisco

Bruno Impens bruno at internetfabriek.be
Tue Mar 1 04:59:53 CST 2005

For all cisco phones there is a SIP version of the software that works
fine.
In principle you can also run skinny on * but than you will have code
conversions talking to SIP devices meaning all calls need to go through
your * all the time.
For  3com devices I know some of them can talk SIP but there is also a
mac address based protocol that does voice over ethernet that will not
work with asterisk.

If you have a mix of different phones, the best is to go for SIP or IAX
if you can to keep things simple.
Upgrading cisco from skinny to SIp is not always a two second thing and
you have to get the soft from somewhere. Standard they are delivered
with skinny and the soft is not freely available and different for
almost every model.

Bruno Impens

Op 1-mrt-05 om 11:07 heeft Chris Knipe het volgende geschreven: