[Asterisk-bsd] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] moh issues

Konstantin Prokazoff kprokazov at svr.kiev.ua
Wed Jun 15 07:07:38 CDT 2005

Welcome guys!

    Problems with POSIX threads on * still active. For the first, they
belongs to inaccurate coding. For example, if we are allocating pthread or
mutex attributes, we must destroy them in the future. For addition, not ALL
threads creates in detached state. Thats why you can see memory growth, but
astmm can show (after some patches have installed for different situations)
that * not using additional memory.
    This problems affect fbsd5.3, fbsd5.4 (tested), and I think new linuxes.
You can check this for freebsd (on any *nix), using such simple example:

#include <pthread.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main(void) {
    pthread_attr_t tattr;
    while(1) {
        pthread_attr_create(&tattr);
        usleep(1000);
    }
}

then, run top in next console and check memory, used by this process.

Best regards, Konstantin Prokazoff
Center Of Excellence, SVR Ltd., Kyiv HQs, Ukraine
Official business-partner & DevConnect member of Avaya, Inc.
tel. +38 044 244 11 81, fax. +38 044 234 04 55