[Asterisk-bsd] Compiling ASterisk on FreeBSD 5.4

Chris St Denis chris at aebc.com
Fri Jun 3 12:32:28 CDT 2005

Well, its the editline module that is failing compilation which uses
libedit.

Libedit is both part of the FreeBSD base system and in the port.

Try editing /usr/ports/net/asterisk/work/asterisk-1.0.7/Makefile
and changing the line
LIBEDIT=editline/libedit.a
LIBEDIT=/usr/lib/libedit.a

This is untested and just from me looking around the source. No idea if
it'll actually work but worth a try. I think there may be several other
references that may also need changing.

Infact, because its in the base system just removing all references to it
may work if they above doesn't.

Looks like a libedit change between 5.3 and 5.4 may be conflicting, you
should fill out a PR