[Asterisk-bsd] Which hardware i should use?

Johannes Ton punky at gmx.ch
Tue Jul 5 09:28:16 CDT 2005

> Hello Johannes,

> * Johannes Ton <punky at gmx.ch> [05-07-05 14:36]:
>> What are you looking for? For a cheap ISDN Card?
>>
>> If you do, I recommend the (very) cheap AVM B1. It's for ISA
>> and costs about 20 Euro on eBay.

> ah ok, the problem is, my computer hasn't a ISA bus, but i searched a
> little bit more and found the avm Fritz card is not working, only
> active cards are working.

Thats right, AVM's FritzCards works only with isdnd but not wih
Asterisk yet. There were discussions on isdn at freebsd about passive
cards and asterisk but I think there isn't a solution yet.

I've bought a "new" mainboard with an ISA slot so that I must not
buy an AVM with pci (too expensive for me).

> I found now the link:
> http://www.nord-com.net/thomas.wintergerst/

Yes, you must use Thomas' C4B to connect Asterisk to isdn. It works
very well.

> these are the only cards, which will work with asterisk and FreeBSD?

IMHO yes because Thomas is the developer of this package and he should
know what cards work with his own software ;)

> Maybe i get a cheap IX1 card.

eBay!?

>> I don't know how you want to connect your hardware pbx to your
>> asterisk and I dont know your last message. So, I can only guess what
>> you want to do.

> I have a hardware isdn PBX and i want to use my computer as PBX for
> VoIP. Now i need a card to connect these two PBXs.
> So, if i get a call over ISDN in, my VoIP phones are ringing too.

I've setup up a system such this and it works well for me.

Good luck,
Johannes