[Asterisk-bsd] STOP NOW hangs server

Andrew Foster andrewfoster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 09:10:50 CST 2005

> > STOP NOW
> >
> > from the CLI> prompt, the server just stopped responding.
> >
> > I've rebooted and tried any number of ways to stop the server, including
> >
> > kill -KILL <pid>
> >
> > but each time I try something to shut it down the server just stops responding
> > and I have to powercycle the machine.
> >
> > I'm on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE using Asterisk 1.0.1 (1.0.2 would not compile on
> > Sunday, and I haven't checked it out since).
>     Do you have dual-head CPU or a single one?

I also experience this on 5.3-REL with the following CPU, running
Asterisk -head from around 10 days ago :

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ (1673.78-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x680  Stepping = 0
 Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CM
OV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
  AMD Features=0xc0400000<AMIE,DSP,3DNow!>