Re: Re: [Asterisk-bsd] Porting CAPI Channel

David Wetzel dave at turbocat.de
Thu Feb 17 15:29:24 CST 2005

Jan.Stocker at t-online.de wrote:

> Nope... but it would be a better idea to have a CAPI layer. This is a
> common interface. All development for i4b has been stopped a long time
> ago, so maybe you are a volounteer for a C4B port to NetBSD?

Well, I have not so much know-how in that area but I could free an Sparc64 and Pentium 3 as
sandboxes for testing. I also have a PBX with 2 internal ISBN busses and 2 Fritz cards.

> It would be a good step to get that channel protocols extracted from i4b
> and integrated to C4B, the hardware layer itself is not a so complicated
> thing. If we do so, we have a complete CAPI aware subsystem. We can port
> those LINUX stuff in a quick way and do not need to make everything by
> our own.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/