[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk 1.0.9 on FreeBSD...

Conall O'Brien conall+asterisk at conall.net
Tue Dec 20 16:28:05 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Asterisk 1.0.9 from the ports collection on a
FreeBSD 6-RELEASE (well, RELENG_6 technically) server.

My desired Asterisk setup is rather simple. I want to be able to
register with more than 1 VoIP provider offering SIP and/or IAX2
capabilities and using Asterisk, connect my hardware SIP phone into my
providers.

Asterisk 1.0.9 compiled and installed fine from the Ports Collection,
however, when I try to load the SIP or IAX2 modules, I keep seeing:

rowlf*CLI> load chan_iax2.so
Unable to load module chan_iax2.so
Dec 20 22:22:07 WARNING[88489]: loader.c:258 ast_load_resource:
/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_iax2.so: Undefined symbol
"ast_check_signature"

rowlf*CLI> load chan_sip.so
Unable to load module chan_sip.so
Dec 20 22:24:27 WARNING[88489]: loader.c:258 ast_load_resource:
/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_sip.so: Undefined symbol
"ast_park_call"

(I disabled modules autoloading so that asterisk would actually start
first)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could fix this?

--

Conall O'Brien

http://www.conall.net

GPG Key: http://www.conall.net/gpg/

"Hello, is this the hardware store? Yes, I'm wondering if you sell
Catapults. No?? Well, I'm looking for something that can deliver a 50
payload of snow on a small feminine target. Can you suggest something?
Hello?"

			 Bill Watterson - Calvin And Hobbes: The Days Are Just Packed