[Asterisk-bsd] Kim Culhan's FreeBSD 6.0 STABLE asterisk install notes

William Lloyd wlloyd at slap.net
Mon Dec 5 09:00:28 CST 2005

I submitted a patch yesterday on spandsp and it's already been
applied and committed.  Brings spandsp up to date.  The app_txfax and
app_rxfax for specific versions of asterisk are actually kept inside
the asterisk port, not spandsp.

check the files directory in asterisk port.

No matter the complaining on freebsd getting around to looking at
patches.  digium sometimes can be really behind also.  I submitted a
patch to fix dialing on T1 E&M links.  It took 6 months to get a
simple 10 line patch into the code base.

I think with both FreeBSD and Digium it can be a bit random how
quickly it gets dealt with.

On the issue of a FreeBSD port, shoudl we keep the 1.0.x port around ?

IE ports for
asterisk10
asterisk12
asterisk-devel