[Asterisk-bsd] Wildcard TDM400P + TDM11B = FXS not detected on FreeBSD 5.4

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at pronexus.com
Thu Aug 4 09:26:25 CDT 2005

List,

I have seen a few posts with success stories for getting an FXS module to work in FreeBSD.  I am having some problems.  Using the
ports version of Asterisk (1.0.9_1) and Zaptel (0.10), everything installs fine, but when I start up zaptel it has problems
detecting my FXS module:

===
kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
kernel: FXS device: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=b1d9
kernel: wcfxs0: <Wildcard TDM400P REV H> port 0xe400-0xe4ff mem 0xdb001000-0xdb001fff irq 11 at device 11.0 on pci0
kernel: FXS Attach for wcfxs0: deviceID : 0xe159
kernel: Freshmaker version: 73
kernel: Freshmaker passed register test
kernel: ProSLIC 3210 version 2 is too old
kernel: ProSLIC sanity check failed
kernel: Module 0: Not installed
kernel: ProSLIC sanity check failed
kernel: Module 1: Not installed
kernel: ProSLIC sanity check failed
kernel: Module 2: Not installed
kernel: Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO
kernel: Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV H (4 modules)
===

The 1 thing that concerns me is this line:
kernel: ProSLIC 3210 version 2 is too old

Looking at another issue on the lists, it looked to be a bad modules.  What does the warning mean?  And is FXS support on FreeBSD
now?

PB