[Asterisk-bsd] Spandsp for Asterisk 1.0.6 on FreeBSD 5-3

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Sat Apr 9 15:38:34 CDT 2005

I've worked up a little port of spandsp-0.0.2pre9 for Asterisk 1.0.6 on
FreeBSD 5-3.  The instructions are at
http://www.joeandlane.com/freebsd/spandsp

This is not an offical port, and it has to misbehave in order to patch
asterisk, so be forwarned.

The misbehavior involves patching Asterisk during the build of spandsp.  This
is necessary in order to make asterisk compile app_rxfax and app_txfax during
its build.

It ain't as pretty as it should be, but it works.

Asterisk wouldn't recognize the incoming fax signal until I added
'faxdetect=both' in zapata.conf - ymmv.

Please let me know if you have problems with this.

And please remember to back up your configuration before you use it.  The port
wants to be installed DURING the asterisk installation, not before and not
after.  You can stop this behavior by commenting out the ${PATCH} command in
the spandsp Makefile.  As I think of it now I guess I should have made that
an option in the port, but I'm done working with it for today!

lane