[Asterisk-bsd] Choppy sound error when starting server

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 06:06:53 CDT 2005

As Staffan says you should use the latest zaptel via svn. There are known
issues with the ports version.

To use ztdummy you need to recompile your kernel as per the instructions. It
uses a s/w timer and if you don't recompile it will give all sorts of
problems.

You will find that asterisk will work much better if you upgrade to
FreeBSD-5.3/4, there has been a lot of work on threaded libraries which
asterisk relies on.

Chris