[Asterisk-bsd] Any functional ISDN BRI cards?

Justin Sullivan js at justnet.com.au
Fri Sep 3 01:59:36 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm seeking a definitive answer on whether there are currently any ISDN
BRI cards that can work with Asterisk under BSD (specifically FreeBSD 4.10
or -CURRENT).

The Junghanns.net QuadBRI is claimed to work with Asterisk + FreeBSD (by
Mr Junghanns) but I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere in the real
world, and the price is too high to take a chance on it..

We actually only need 2 x ISDN basic rate in any case, so a single BRI
card would be fine: again any experience on whether something like the AVM
FritzCard can work in this scenario would be appreciated (I've assumed
not, since http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+FreeBSD says chan_capi
is not supported under FreeBSD currently in Asterisk, but some people
selling the FritzCard have suggested it will work okay).

Thanks,
Justin