[Asterisk-bsd] Re: G729A

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Oct 20 03:36:25 CDT 2004

On 20/10/2004 01:38 Troy Settle said the following:
> IIRC, G729 licenses are $10 each from Digium, and they are keyed to the MAC
> address of the Asterisk server they'll be used on.  Retriving the MAC
> address is the difficult part for the guys at Digium, who are stuck in a
> linux-centric world that labels every NIC as eth.

if it's just a matter of pulling all known ethernet interfaces and
returning the mac address of each, i could easily whip up that
functionality for freebsd and the digium chaps could use that. let's not
have something as trivial as discovering the list of ethernet interfaces
stop g.729 from being ported to freebsd.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/