[Asterisk-bsd] Success Story

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Sun Oct 17 21:08:49 CDT 2004

Had to build me a new box at home, and based on recent discussion here,
decided to give FreeBSD a shot.  5.3-BETA7 installed clean and easily
updated to 5.3-STABLE.  The zaptel port installed without issue, and
asterisk CVS-HEAD also built without issues (after installing gmake and
bison).  With just a few simple edits to the makefile and asterisk.conf, I
have the whole thing running in /usr/local.

My hardware is a generic X100P (intel winmodem), and a TDM400 with 3 FXS
ports.  IAX2 works like a champ, I have no need for MOH or conferencing, so
didn't even try it.

Good job to everyone working on getting asterisk working on FreeBSD.  I
can't wait for the T100P and eventually the T400P to be supported.  I also
can't wait for the entire zaptel suite to be committed to the kernel.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks